Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The bush walk

Today we headed down the natural trail and out into the bush behind the school. We were surprised at the quiet sanctuary we found. We found a spot to sit down and there we took in our surroundings. Here are some pieces of descriptive writing from the bush walk.

The bush Walk- By Caiden B
The trees were coated with
dry flaky, dark green moss. A pile of dirt lay on the ground like a monster waiting to be freed. Skyscraper trees blocked out the suns harsh rays. Tuis sang merrily and trees swayed in the breeze. Tree roots were like an old mans wrinkly fingers. Damp forest air was clinging to me like a baby koala. A filthy river as dark as night was flowing at a jogging pace. Trees surrounded me like I was in a cage. Bark was peeling off an old tree like paper.
My stomach was jumping up and down like a kangaroo. Leaves were littered together like a sock. I thoughtI heard the trees whisper to me, "Come back soon..."
"Maybe," I muttered under my breath
I looked back at the stretch of trees as far as the eye could see and then dashed to my friends.

The bush- By Jamie G


I felt the fresh air controlling my lungs. A choir of birds were singing. Their song was like a lullaby that filled me with peace. I felt the mossy leaf litter crawling up my legs. I looked up and saw towering trees trying to get to the light. I glanced over and saw a giant umbrella shaped silver fern sheltering the river. At my feet I spied broken down tree branches sleeping. I looked and saw a delicate purple and green Tui feather littering the forest floor.

The haunted place- By Keita 


Plop, plop, plop, plop. I walked down the stairs of the trail. I smelt the peaceful smell of nature. I found a place to sit with Sunghyun. I thought it was a good spot, but...
"Eeaaaa!" Sunghyun shrieked. He had seen a cicada left on a sticky spider web dangling by its leg.
"Don't talk or move and get on with it!" shouted Mrs Millett.
"G...g...g...g we have to stay here," I  whispered with a croaky voice.
"I guess so," replied Sunghyun in a scared voice.
I glanced around. I could see poisonous looking, vivid flowers. I imagined monsters lurking around haunting the witches castle. I saw branches with spiders webs making it scarier.
"Brrrrr... it's scary," commented  Sunghyun.
"Yeah!" I agreed. I felt sick. 
I could hear dogs barking, water running and machines banging and it only made me imagine more.
I imagined a cerbera (3 headed dog) edging towards me, or rocks falling...
I could only describe this place as haunted. 
"Brrrrr..." I thought.

11 comments:

  1. Nice writing Caiden, Jamie G, and Keita. that Nature walk was so fun. I really enjoyed it.
    ~ From Marina L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a good piece of writing Caiden. I especially liked the bit when you described the tree. From Sunghyun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great writing Keita, Jamie G and Caiden.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! Great witting guys. Tamzin

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you sure the nature trail is haunted. Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! those are some really good descriptive pieces of writing.
    Maia Room 13

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean WOW!
    From Maia

    ReplyDelete
  8. i liked caidens awesome desricptive lauguage in his writing

    From: Rico B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good writing Keita,Jamie and Caiden. Dan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! I didn't think the same to Jamies.
    By Keita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Keita I thought that the bush should be human friendly Robyn

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!