Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Room 13 Experiences

We have been really busy in Room 13 recently with some really cool experiences. Last week we were lucky enough to go to Coatesville and compete in swimming sports. Some of us have also learnt about safe riding on our bikes. We have also been doing some fun things in the classroom to inspire our writing. Here are some recounts about these events.

The Mad Medley - By Amie HT

Mixed emotions were all over me I didn't even know what to say. I heard them call out my name. I slowly walked up to the pool getting ready to start. as I jumped into the pool water splashed into my face it tasted like salt mixed with butter and pickles. When Miss Byers called out, "On your marks, get set GO!" I swam as fast as I could. More and more water jumped into my mouth like my tongue was a trampoline. My teeth were chattering because the pool was freezing cold.I felt brave and calm about the race. I was now onto my breast stroke in the medley. Swimming as fast as I could but I wasn't worried about coming last. I knew I would catch up. When I got into the freestyle I was determined to finish. I kept on swimming to the end when I touched the wall I knew I had achieved my goal. 

Rustle, Snap, Pop - By Grace H

"BANG!!" "Ahhhhhh!" I squealed. "You can look now," Mrs Millett said calmly.  I open my eyes to find blood red shards scattered on the floor.

A few minutes ago I was being told to shut my eyes and that I wasn't going to get hurt (I wasn't sure I believed that).  I silently obeyed and felt fear overcome me.  I had no idea what was happening, and I don't like not knowing things.


I heard a noise and I had absolutely no clue to what is was. Something was rustling, like leaves against a moon lit window.  Abruptly, the rustling stopped, almost as sudden as a bubble popping.


"Snap! Snap!" the new noise sounded.  The room filled with confusion.  "Snap!" "What is that?" we all pondered in our perplexed minds.


Now someone was blowing something into something hollow.  "It's a balloon!" Daniel yelled.  At that sudden realisation, we were all at ease and comfort filled our minds. But the blowing didn't stop, the huffing and puffing didn't cease, it pursued on, like the big bad wolf blowing down the poor piggies houses.


Panic slowly crept back to us."Please don't .........."

"BANG!"

I jumped out of skin, screaming with the sudden pop. "Phew!" I breathed, wiping my brow.

Cycle Safety day- By Robert D
"Faster!", my friend Jack shouted as I went up the see-saw. I heard chains chattering and I felt my hands gets blisters on my sweaty grips. 
I was racing up to the jump and I lifted my bike as high as I could, and got loads of air. Then I bolted up the next jump. In a flash I made it over the mean looking ramp as I dodged some people in front of me. 
I went as fast as I could and I felt like a plane flying 1000 miles per hour!

6 comments:

  1. Great writings!!! Looks like a scary experience Grace.
    By Keita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful writing, Grace and Amie!

    Laura Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like fun!
    Dan's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Wow Robert!" "That sounds like fun, I wish I had done the cycle safety". From Sunghyun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love writing stories, and having fun things to write about! Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great writing Robert grace and amie from Emily.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!