Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Another blinding experience!

On Monday Mrs Millett asked us to partner up and we had to lead our parnter on a blind walk. Each of us took turns to be lead in utter darkeness. It was pretty scary! Here are some recounts about the event.  (Note the deliberate language choices we made in our writing.)

The Blind Walk- By Bella

On Monday we had a little game. Me and Micaela were in a group. I closed my eyes tightly. I felt scared. She held my hand, and we walked out of the classroom. I heard her say, "We are going to the playground." 

I felt so scared I could even hear leaves shaking. I was shuffling on the grass. I started getting worried , when I walked in the playground. It felt like I was walking in the sea. Then I walked into the playground. Micaela helped me walk into the playground, so she made it easy for me. She was very helpful and kind. Then she told me to climb up. At first I climb, but I felt scared so I touched something in front of me. I touched something and I thought, "here is something!" So I climbed up!

Blinded! by Eddy 


Crunch crunch, I stomped on the leaves, that were like tiny mice below me. I got to the taunting playground and Levi shouted, "It's my turn to guide you!"in a menacing voice. He grapped my arm a lead me onto the playground and said, "Take a small step up." 
I staggerd blindly like a bat, but I was cautious at the time too. 
Suddenly I felt rope and Levi said,"Climb up, it's the spider web." I climbed up carefully. He helped me up the creaking and unstable tower. I felt unsure and then it started to rain. "Jump!" Levi commanded. So I jumped. When I landed I held onto the slippery pole for my footing. Then he said jump forward, but I didn't . So he pushed me. I landed safley on the splintered ground. After all that nonsense I thought he was the most despicable leader and I would never trust him again.

The adventure Walk. By Amy

I started to feel worried when Mrs Millett told me to close my eyes. She told me that we were going to trust our buddys to take us on a adventure walk. 
I heard cicades clicking and birds chirping. I felt so scared my hands started to sweat. I heard a strange noise. I started to feel worried but I realised it was just my heart pounding. My mean evil partner Eric took me around. I was thinking,"Where am I ?" 
I started to walk on the hard wet ground. Evil Eric took me around the ampitheatre. It started to rain so we shuffled back to class.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Bella!! Great descriptive words! you really hooked me into your writing!
    Eddy- I loved your onomatopoeia! And the words like commanded and taunting were fabulous! I also really liked the similes you used:)
    And Amy- I liked your language features! It made me feel like I was in the writing piece!
    Great work everyone!
    ~Maci

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!