Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Frightening balloon experience!

Yesterday Mrs Millett asked us to sit quietly at our desks with our eyes closed. We didn't have any idea what was about to happen. Read these expressive personal experiences to find out! 

The white threatening balloon-    By Eric Z
Looking at blackness I heard a loud crunch like a cookie. Then a puffing blow building up, then an exhale. Sounds like wind approached my ears. The breathing grew. Anxiousness punched me. Hearing something grow bigger and bigger with every blow. Nervousness grew, then a silent stop...
POP!
A frightening chill went down my spine. When I opened my eyes I saw pieces of puny white rubber lying silently on the floor.

The blinding experience-    By Micaela F
"Tweet, tweet!" I could hear the birds chirping in the background. My heart rate was plummeting.
"Foof, foof, foof, .....POP!
I could tell immediately that it was the sound of a balloon going boom. 
I was blinded by blackness closing around me. I felt sorry for the punctured balloon. My soul was drooping as if it had a heavy weight lowered onto it. Jolting shivers crawled up my spine like a spider climbing up a tree branch. The anticipation was over.
I opened my eyes to see Mrs. Millett smiling. We all opened our eyes. It was so funny!

The humungous BOOM!    By Eliot H
Crumble, crumble. I finally heard a plastic sound out of the blackness. It was like the sound of a lolly wrapper, but soon I realised it wasn't.
I started to hear puffing. I started to panic as the sound hovered over my head, as if it were a hoverboard. My spine started to shake and I could feel invisible sweat trickle down my neck. I felt like I was becoming claustrophobic, and I could also feel my heart rate increasing as fast as the speed of light. 
Just as I thought it was over there was a humungous "BOOM!" I thought a bomb had exploded, but there was suddenly a quiet mumble.
I looked behind me and there lay a white piece of rubber that looked like a soggy tissue. I was relieved that it was just a balloon, and promised myself to never fll for that ever again.

The strange noises...   By Jennifer K
My heart was beating fast. I didn't know what was going to happen. I stared into the nothingness. It was bold black.
I heard "Crackle, snap!" I was frightened, nervous and excited all at the same time.
In a sudden, I heard puffing, loud puffing in fact. I felt like wind was whirling around me, making me confused and I had know idea what was going to happen next. The sound got much louder and louder like a cloud doing a race.
"POP!" It was the sound of a balloon! It was terrifying. 
My eyes opened and lit up. All I saw left on the ground was a bright, white broken balloon.

2 comments:

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!