Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thinking about Freedom

Today's thinking question was, "What does it mean to be Free?"

This was quite a deep question, but we came up with lots of great ideas. Here are three of our thinking responses:


"What does it mean to be Free?" by Chloe S
Being free is to feel like you're in an open space, with no annoying sounds or annoying brothers and sisters. To feel free can be some place you want to have time alone. But my idea to be free is when I'm playing my piano, or when I'm in an open field that I can dance and run around in. 
Freedom also means peacefulness, silence, or like when you are surrounded by little kids and you get away and sigh from relief. These things can be freedom too.

I like being free, it makes me feel happy and relaxed at the same time.


What does it mean to be free? by Maia W

Being free means many things. Being free is when you're at home, with nobody around. I can eat and drink whatever I want. Being free is when I don't have to do what my mum and dad says. That's when I'm free.
When I'm bed all I can hear is birds singing, the wind, and Bonnie barking. I'm free!

When I'm at home with Bonnie, I can be free. It's peaceful when we're outside. We play, we dance, we're peaceful and free!


When I play soccer I'm free because the wind blows in my face and nobody's marking me. I'm free!
I'm peaceful and free when I have no annoying brothers around me.

This is what it means to be free.


What does it mean to be free? by Jaime B

Being free means many things. It can mean if you've been stuck somewhere for a long time and you finally get to leave, or get out...you're free.

It can also mean if you have been at school or at work for hours, and you finally get home you are free. Another way to feel free is when you've just sitting in your room reading or playing- away from any annoying things and it is so peaceful and freeing.


You can also fell free in different ways like when you can just run around in a big grassy area, you feel free. You can feel free when you can do whatever you want. Feeling free is the best feeling!

9 comments:

  1. Wow I never knew being free could mean so many things like when Maia said she feels free when she plays with Bonnie And when she plays soccer. I also learnt in Choles writing that being free also meant that when your in an open space with no annoying brothers or sisters.Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Chloe! I definitely agree with you about being free makes me feel happy and relaxed at the same time.
    From Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Maia! I agree with you also about I'm free when no annoying brothers are around.
    From Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jaime! That was great, I agree with you about sitting in my room reading or playing.
    From Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what next week's question will be.
    From Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pieces of writing Jaime B, Chloe and Maia. I especially liked the part in yours,Maia when you said "When I'm bed all I can hear is birds singing, the wind, and Bonnie barking. I'm free!'
    From Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thoughts about freedom, thanks for sharing!
    Laura H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Maia , Jaime and Chloe . Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being free really is the best feeling.Robyn

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!