Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The frightful balloon experience

Last week we wrote a recount about a mystery sound experience. We had to close our eyes and Mrs Millett started to blow up a balloon. At first we didn't know what was happening. Here are two recounts about the surprising event.

The fright  By Joseph L


I closed my eyes as Mrs Millett instructed. I could hear loud giggles across the room. I was getting quite worried from the start. The object I heard was something like crackling plastic. My eyes was pitch black so I couldn’t do anything so I just stood still.
The next object sounded like something blowing a balloon. I felt like I was surrounded by thieves alone in the dark- trapped. But somehow I was getting excited.  My heart was beating faster than ever like I was running a 400m sprint and I still I heard giggles across the room.
My heart was pounding from the fright I got. I was still wondering what the mystery sound could be.
I heard something behind me sounding like scissors. Now I knew what Mrs Millett was going to do. ‘POP!’ went the balloon. It sounded like the trigger of a gun. My leg made me jump off my the chair then over my desk. “AAHHH!!!” I yelled in my mind. My heart was pumping faster than getting slower. So that’s how I got the FRIGHT!!!!!!       


THE POPPING MOMENT      By Mackenzie W


The moment I sat down and snapped my eyes closed crackling fireworks came into my head. "Wait", I said to myself while my tan face went pale. I noticed what was actually happening. Popping waking noises were happening. My heart shocked like a flashing yellow lazer.
I could hear giggles. "Was it my mind laughing at me?" It wasn’t my mind, it was everyone. Was I the only one terrified? The table was rumbling from everyone laughing. My head popped up. I saw the beautiful sight of light. 
We all found out that the mystery sound was the colourful shiny balloon that got popped.
In the end there were all kinds of colourful bits of balloon lying on the floor. I was anxious and relieved at the same time. What a scary and fun time.








10 comments:

  1. Excellent writing Joseph and Mackenzie. Keep up the great work Room 20

    Kara Lough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing writing Mackenzie and Joseph I wish I could write like that well done!!!
    Jade D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your (Mackenzie, Joseph) writing is awsome!
    Tere's a lot of language features in there and it's very creative! :D
    Epic Eunchae

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Room 20 you do some exciting things in your class it brings back MY school days memories. Loved all the creative writing and it looks like you all had a lot of fun. Next time I would love to come and join in. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your writing Joseph and Mackenzie. You both had me captivated. I felt my body tense up in anticipation of a loud pop! That's an indicator of really good writing, when the reader is drawn into the event. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pieces of writing well done
    Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine that fun time

    Marina Lough

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joseph and mackenzie you did good writing. l can see a balloon in my head

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  10. great work guys I can remember the moment when the ballon poped thanks to you guys
    from gauri

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!