Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Swimming Sports- our experiences.

In Week 4 we all headed off to Coatesville to compete in our swimming sports. Here are 3 recounts about the event.


Swimming Sports: By Harrison

"Crash!" The mind controlling clapper snapped. Then I saw a school of darting swimmers eager to get to the other side of the pool of torture. The water was icy cold. The first person finished. The timekeepers watched them with there evil eyes as if we were the prey. 
Finally it was my race. I ripped off my clothes. I lined up and dipped my feet into the icy cold pool. Then I turned into a popsicle. 
The clapper crashed and I was off with a zoom. The water exploded like a erupting volcano. I had a weird colourful hat on my head. My arms were windmills. We were coming second when I was finished. 
I ran out of the pool desperately needing my warm towel. Ahh! That feels better. 



The water sports:By Sam

"We're here"said Mrs Millett.The six classes charged into the concrete square with crystal clear water.
When everyone got through the gate we layed our towels on the grassy bank then ate our morning tea. When I layed down I was next to Daniel and Liam. 
At the time the races started, I scattered to the starting line when my name was called out. At the first race (freestyle) I launched myself off the hard brick wall and swam as fast as a torpedo forming. 

In the end I cane 2nd. It was awesome!

The Big Day: By Matthew

I was waiting anxiously in the pool for a clap. I thought it would never go off. "Smack!" a deafening sound hot my ears. My body uncontrollably leaped into action doing an adrenaline forced push off the wall. There was a frothing wake behind me as I sped along through the water.
All I could hear was water rippling and churning. I kicked my arms into full stroke. The water was as blue as sapphires and athletes blood. 
Nearly there... Six more arm strokes, five, four... two...touch down!
I got out of the pool, grabbed my towel and left felling puffed out!
  

4 comments:

  1. Great descrptive writing. I can imagine the pool by the way you have described it.

    Kara Lough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing i can still imagine being their good job!!!
    Jade D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the discribing words

    Marina Lough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great detail guys.


    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!