Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

My first day in Room 20- Some personal experiences

For our first piece of writing this year we all brainstormed about our first day in Room 20. Here are some of our impressions of our new class.

First Day of School, By Nadia Lee

It's the first day of school and I was positive that nothing is going to make this special day dull. The air was damp and moist and the sky grey, but my insides were sunny and bright...

The moment I stepped out of the car, the cold wind sailed past me, making me shiver. I quickly raced to the foyer. I tasted the familiar crisp air and smelt the smell of clean uniforms. I took a deep breath and started down the stairs.

I reached the Tio block, last year known as the 'Fireflies' community. I stared at it. It seems to give me an encouraging smile, despite the cold. I felt a familiar rush of warmth and excitement just like the day I stepped into Pohutukawa Bay last year.

Slowly walking into Room 20, a comforting smell of new ink, the blinding bursts of colour and the sound of pencils scratching on paper.

My excitement was contagious!


Room 20- By Daniel Wood

As I walked in to the room my heart was a time bomb. Boom, boom ... it stopped!

I slowly got tired, but bang! "Good morning class", Mrs Millett said with excitement.

It was like a sea of blue because of all 29 uniforms. I felt happy and excited.

5 comments:

  1. Nadia we like your writing. In particular your use of vocabulary, personification and crafting your structure to make it interesting for the reader. You must have really thought about your experience before you started writing. Your description was very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel your use of language features is great! We loved the metaphor of the ticking time bomb and the use of onomatopoeia. Great hook too. Your pace was clever as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nadia and Daniel, what great writing! I'm glad to see that you are still an amazing writer Nadia even though you had a long summer holiday. Keep it up both of you. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great storytelling skills! You have a very good teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great writing guys great starts to the story

    HArrison

    ReplyDelete

We love comments. We check all of our comments on comment Friday. Please remember to write your name on your comments. Thanks:)

Johnny Danger Trailer

Johnny Danger 2 trailer

Johnny Danger 3 release video

Peter Millett on WBTV

Peter Millett on Studio 3

Another pep talk from Kid president.

Kid president- 20 things you should say!